Join your fellow Warmachine / Hordes players as The Battle Standard host’s our weekly game day dedicated to Privateer Press’ creatively strategic, steampunk-fantasy, tabletop miniature game. new to Warmachine? Read more about the epic struggles of these urban civilizations of the Iron Kingdoms as warcasters and their mechanical monstrosities defend their city limits, HERE. If you prefer the bearing of claws, gnashing of teeth, and calling upon nature’s wrath to defeat the imposing threats of those encroaching on the wilds of your homeland then try taking a look at Hordes HERE.
Two great games that play as one! Come see what Warmachine / Hordes is all about every Monday at The Battle Standard!
Our Tabletop Miniature Gaming tables are immense! The largest we’ve seen for dedicated Miniature Gaming. Each one of our three 24′ long tables has ample space for any possible miniature game you can imagine. Saddle-seat stools, cup-holders, coat hooks, and great terrain mats and options accompany our ample elbow room, soft step flooring and exceptional 5000k lumen lighting that displays your army in full color for photos. We pride ourselves on being the most comfortable game store in New England and we think we’ve done it. Tables are open for use by our very own TBS-X Membership Program participants and for any one still contemplating our membership program, one may participate by making a small purchase of $5 or more. All miniature games permitted so join us for whichever Miniature Game you prefer to play. Flying solo? Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
Join us for our weekly Board Game Day. Whether you bring your own game or select one of the many games in our library we invite you to join us for a day of tabletop board and card games. Looking for more people to join you? Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
World War II Wargaming
From Blitzkrieg to North Africa, from the Russian Front to the D-Day Landings, Bolt Action puts YOU in command of the most brutal and famous battles of the Second World War. Assemble and paint your brave men and armoured tanks, field them on a table-top battlefield, and use all your strategy, cunning and luck to defeat your opponent. The Bolt Action Starter Set ‘Band of Brothers’ is all you need to start playing Bolt Action battles. From there you can add extra models to grow your forces.
Join the conversation in the local community about Bolt Action and other great games by joining our Facebook fan group today!
WARHAMMER 40,000 by Games Workshop
Join those most loyal to the Emperor for Warhammer 40,000 Game Day!
Warhammer 40,000 Game Day is for all levels of participant. For those seeking a challenge from the area’s veteran players to those looking to learn the game. All are welcome and encouraged to participate! Hope to see you there!
Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
(NOTE: In the event that a Tournament is held on the same day as this weekly event, the Tournament will take precedence! Please call ahead if the information in this calendar warrants clarification)
What better way to celebrate the start of Spring than pretending to play outdoor sports inside?
Come on out for a standard regional cup event at The Battle Standard.
- Registration starts at 11am
- Round 1 starts at 11:30.
A new campaign using Storm Kings Thunder hard cover, Tales from the Yawning Portal Hardcover, and AL supplement modules. New players and league veterans welcome. Come early if you want to know more about league play, or how to make a character. Pregens will be available. $5 in-store purchase of your choice required to play. Kid friendly too. Please email questions using the email buttton above.
COMMANDER 4 COIN
The Battle Standard’s Official MTG Event Series for the Commander Format
Magic: The Gathering Commander 4 Coin is an easy, welcoming, yet still competitive way to play the Commander format for all levels of player. The system focuses only on multiplayer pods with NO pitted matches. This allows you to choose your own opponents based on your opinion of their play-style, demeanor and level of play. This allows the community to equalize the field of play and create a fun and welcoming environment for everyone! This competition does contain regular rewards per match played and monthly prizing! We invite you to join us for this rich entertaining format invented and tested right here in East Windsor, CT at The Battle Standard Tabletop Game & Hobby!
How to Play COMMANDER 4 COIN:
- Start by purchasing your coins. $5.00 will get you six (6) coins. Five (5) gold coins & one (1) silver coin.
- Six (6) coins will allow you to play three (3) or more rounds of Commander (2 coins per game) which a typical amount of rounds for most tournament style play.
- Choose your opponents! From the folks participating in COMMANDER 4 COIN, choose two (2) or more people to form a pod of three (3) or more total.
- All players must shuffle their decks and offer a cut to a player at the table. If that person passes, others may choose to cut. A legal COMMANDER FOR COIN cut is 10+ cards deep, no less.
- Players submit one (1) coin of a color of their choosing to the center of the table. This is the Ante Coin.
- Players then place a second coin of their choosing by their Library. This is the Library Coin
- Players draw their hands. After the first card is drawn by each player the game is “Locked“. Once a game is Locked, walking away from the table for any reason results in a forfeit of ALL COINS submitted for play in that pod. Library Coins left behind are entered into the center of the table as secondary Ante Coins.
- The Mulligan rules are as follows and take place AFTER the game is Locked…
- Your first (1st) mulligan is free at no penalty and requires no revealing of cards.
- Your second (2nd) mulligan must be revealed and show a single (1) land or no lands.
- Your third (3rd) and all consecutive mulligans are at a penalty of one (1) less card draw and are cumulatively one (1) less card draw based on the amount of mulligans you perform after the third (3rd).
- Players each take turns rolling the same single die to see who starts first. High roll has choice but may pass to the left if desired. This would continue until reaching the original high roll player at which point he/she MUST go first.
- Players MUST track the turn order counting the amount of times everyone has taken their turn as one (1) Round.
- Once the game reaches Round six (6) the table is considered “Live“. A Live table means that Library Coins can then be claimed by eliminating opponents.
- Players that take any single opponent out of the game AFTER THE TABLE IS LIVE receive that opponent’s Library Coin. Else the eliminated opponent leaves the table and retains their Library Coin but NOT their Ante Coin.
- Players that remain until everyone else has been eliminated claim the Ante Coin pool in the center of the table.
- Games that do not make it to Round six (6) results in players retrieving their own Library Coins and the remaining player collecting the Ante Coins.
- All GOLD coins are equal to $1.00 in Store Credit and may be turned in for merchandise, condensed to a gift card, or saved for later play at any time.
- All Silver Coins are worth Leader-board points which can be turned in toward your overall game score in the store. One (1) silver coin is worth one (1) Leader-board point.
- On the first (1st) of every month we will award the Leader-board highest points holder with the title of Master of Coin along with a prize table choice. (One of two items)
- The second (2nd) points leader will be granted the title of Cut Purse and receive the remaining table item.
Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
The Commander format is all about picking your hero and building a deck around them. In this casual, multiplayer format, you choose a legendary creature to serve as your commander and build the rest of your deck around their color identity.
- 1 commander card (legendary creature)
- 99 other cards
- Only one copy of any card, except basic lands
- All cards must be in the color identity of the commander
- 2–6 players
- Free-for-all multiplayer format
- Start with 40 life
- All commanders start in their command zone
- Take turns in clockwise order
- Last player standing wins
Not interested in building your own Commander Deck but still interested in participating? Try the ever competitive pre-made Commander Decks by Wizards of the Coast!
Commander 2017 shown
Join us for your choice of board, card, or RPG games all playable in our card gaming area. Bring your own or choose from our library of games! All seated tables are open for use for by TBS-X Membership holders or with a purchase of $5 or more per our Shop Here / Play Here policy.