INFINITY: Escalation League
The Infinity Escalation League is designed to help players “slow-grow” an army over a period of 6 weeks. As a result, this is the perfect way to dive into infinity, as new players can start off with a small force and add points to their army every week. This is also perfect for even experienced players, who perhaps are looking at a more relaxed pace and taking on the challenges of expanding with a brand new army/faction and getting used to how it plays.
Each week, players will be given a scheduled opponent. In general, most games will take place on Mondays. However, players are welcome to contact their opponents and figure out another convenient time to play before the following week.
Players are encouraged to play as many other games as they want each week, but only the scheduled opponent’s game each week is recorded for the purpose of league scoring.
Join us for your choice of board, card, or RPG games all playable in our card gaming area. Bring your own or choose from our library of games! All seated tables are open for use for by TBS-X Membership holders or with a purchase of $5 or more per our Shop Here / Play Here policy.
Join our Facebook community at The Battle Standard New England Tabletop Gamer’s Group to arrange a game with our friendly players.
Our Tabletop Miniature Gaming tables are immense! The largest we’ve seen for dedicated Miniature Gaming. Each one of our three 24′ long tables has ample space for any possible miniature game you can imagine. Saddle-seat stools, cup-holders, coat hooks, and great terrain mats and options accompany our ample elbow room, soft step flooring and exceptional 5000k lumen lighting that displays your army in full color for photos. We pride ourselves on being the most comfortable game store in New England and we think we’ve done it. Tables are open for use by our very own TBS-X Membership Program participants and for any one still contemplating our membership program, one may participate by making a small purchase of $5 or more. All miniature games permitted so join us for whichever Miniature Game you prefer to play. Flying solo? Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
ARENA REX GAME DAY
Arena Rex is an innovative tabletop skirmish game. The experience has been built from the ground up to be tactically deep, yet streamlined and accessible. A low model count combined with easily digestible rules make Arena Rex easy to pick up and play. Alternating activations, opposed die rolls, and out-of-turn reactions keep you engaged throughout the game. A dynamic round structure offers new gameplay and tactical opportunities unique to Arena Rex. Damage trees offer new levels of control within a flexible combat resolution system.
You can get started playing Arena Rex with only 3 models per side. The same amount offered in a standard starter box. The more standard game size is 5 minis per player, a battle of this size usually takes about 45 minutes. You’ll need a measuring device and some D6. Arena Rex’s fatigue mechanic requires a token for each mini you field and every Arena Rex miniature is supplied with this token as well as our custom, doric inspired base, a 4×6 art card with background info, and a game rules reference card.
In Arena Rex, the game factions take the form of famous ludi that inhabit the world. These ludi serve as soft factions as Arena Rex has very open force construction rules. When constructing a gladiator cohort to fight in the arena you may take any mix of gladiators and beasts you desire. However, there are potent bonuses for keeping mostly within a single ludus.
Arena Rex is played on various board sizes, we recommend an arena that measures about 30″ in diameter. Building your dream arena is part of the fun; players should feel free to build whatever shape and size game board they like.
Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
Join us every Monday for Guild Ball!
THE HISTORY OF GUILD BALL
Mob football is a game generally played between neighboring towns and villages on feast days (hence the popularity). Players on opposing teams clash to control a leather-wrapped inflated pig’s bladder and attempt to kick it into the opponent’s goal. Over the years, rudimentary leagues and tournaments have sprung up; there have even been some national level games between some city states.
The powerful Guilds of the land have taken advantage of the huge popularity of the sport as another means to control the masses. They invested vast sums of money; creating professional Guild sponsored teams and structured leagues. The public went crazy as the game was elevated to new heights of spectacle. Guild Ball was born amidst a blaze of interest and publicity and with it, a whole new business and revenue stream for the Guilds. Games are now played out in front of vast crowds of fans, whilst behind the scenes the results can mean fortunes are won or lost on the kick of a ball.
> Fast Resolution Hit System…
Guild Ball’s core dice engine is designed to be fast and easy to perform, makes the game silky smooth to play. Using classic D6’s with an intuitive dice pool system, hit resolution is lighting fast with minimal computations.
Whilst the hit resolution system is fast and intuitive, the playbook allows for a huge variety of outcomes to each dice roll. You decide the in-game effect you need to deliver success…if you get enough hits of course!
We’ve designed Guild Ball to encourage kicking and passing the ball. The game actively rewards you for doing so, which results in a fast paced dynamic game flow. Like all our game mechanics, kicking the ball is fast and simple to do.
> Influence System…
Guild uses a resource management called Influence to control actions and movement each turn. This leads to an intense bluffing and counter-bluffing meta-game as well as a need for deep risk management and turn planning.
> Momentum System…
Guild Ball features a unique system that reflects the ebb and flow of a football match. As players perform and achieve in-game actions they generate Momentum which can in turn be spent on triggering special ‘plays’, shooting at goal or out of turn reaction moves. Any momentum left over at the end of the turn translates into a massive advantage on determining initiative the following turn.
> Combo Play…
Guild Ball models are carefully designed to play off and feed into each other. Clever players will discover a huge depth of strategy available to them, which will be reinvigorated each and every time a new model is added to the Guild’s roster of choices.
(All information courtesy of Steamforged Games LTD. For more information visit http://steamforged.com/guildball)
COMMANDER 4 COIN
The Battle Standard’s Official MTG Event Series for the Commander Format
Magic: The Gathering Commander 4 Coin is an easy, welcoming, yet still competitive way to play the Commander format for all levels of player. The system focuses only on multiplayer pods with NO pitted matches. This allows you to choose your own opponents based on your opinion of their play-style, demeanor and level of play. This allows the community to equalize the field of play and create a fun and welcoming environment for everyone! This competition does contain regular rewards per match played and monthly prizing! We invite you to join us for this rich entertaining format invented and tested right here in East Windsor, CT at The Battle Standard Tabletop Game & Hobby!
How to Play COMMANDER 4 COIN:
- Start by purchasing your coins. $5.00 will get you six (6) coins. Five (5) gold coins & one (1) silver coin.
- Six (6) coins will allow you to play three (3) or more rounds of Commander (2 coins per game) which a typical amount of rounds for most tournament style play.
- Choose your opponents! From the folks participating in COMMANDER 4 COIN, choose two (2) or more people to form a pod of three (3) or more total.
- All players must shuffle their decks and offer a cut to a player at the table. If that person passes, others may choose to cut. A legal COMMANDER FOR COIN cut is 10+ cards deep, no less.
- Players submit one (1) coin of a color of their choosing to the center of the table. This is the Ante Coin.
- Players then place a second coin of their choosing by their Library. This is the Library Coin
- Players draw their hands. After the first card is drawn by each player the game is “Locked“. Once a game is Locked, walking away from the table for any reason results in a forfeit of ALL COINS submitted for play in that pod. Library Coins left behind are entered into the center of the table as secondary Ante Coins.
- The Mulligan rules are as follows and take place AFTER the game is Locked…
- Your first (1st) mulligan is free at no penalty and requires no revealing of cards.
- Your second (2nd) mulligan must be revealed and show a single (1) land or no lands.
- Your third (3rd) and all consecutive mulligans are at a penalty of one (1) less card draw and are cumulatively one (1) less card draw based on the amount of mulligans you perform after the third (3rd).
- Players each take turns rolling the same single die to see who starts first. High roll has choice but may pass to the left if desired. This would continue until reaching the original high roll player at which point he/she MUST go first.
- Players MUST track the turn order counting the amount of times everyone has taken their turn as one (1) Round.
- Once the game reaches Round six (6) the table is considered “Live“. A Live table means that Library Coins can then be claimed by eliminating opponents.
- Players that take any single opponent out of the game AFTER THE TABLE IS LIVE receive that opponent’s Library Coin. Else the eliminated opponent leaves the table and retains their Library Coin but NOT their Ante Coin.
- Players that remain until everyone else has been eliminated claim the Ante Coin pool in the center of the table.
- Games that do not make it to Round six (6) results in players retrieving their own Library Coins and the remaining player collecting the Ante Coins.
- All GOLD coins are equal to $1.00 in Store Credit and may be turned in for merchandise, condensed to a gift card, or saved for later play at any time.
- All Silver Coins are worth Leader-board points which can be turned in toward your overall game score in the store. One (1) silver coin is worth one (1) Leader-board point.
- On the first (1st) of every month we will award the Leader-board highest points holder with the title of Master of Coin along with a prize table choice. (One of two items)
- The second (2nd) points leader will be granted the title of Cut Purse and receive the remaining table item.
Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
The Commander format is all about picking your hero and building a deck around them. In this casual, multiplayer format, you choose a legendary creature to serve as your commander and build the rest of your deck around their color identity.
- 1 commander card (legendary creature)
- 99 other cards
- Only one copy of any card, except basic lands
- All cards must be in the color identity of the commander
- 2–6 players
- Free-for-all multiplayer format
- Start with 40 life
- All commanders start in their command zone
- Take turns in clockwise order
- Last player standing wins
Not interested in building your own Commander Deck but still interested in participating? Try the ever competitive pre-made Commander Decks by Wizards of the Coast!
Commander 2017 shown
MALIFAUX Game Day
Based in an alternate Earth, Malifaux uses gothic, steampunk, and victorian horror with a dose of the wild west to inject fun and depth into the magical lawlessness of a world rife with monsters, necropunks, man-machine hybrids, gunslingers, and powerhungry politicos. Actively using character-driven stories to define the world of Malifaux, seek your fortune in this fast paced and brutal 32mm tabletop miniature skirmish game. Assemble your crew and stake your claim!
Malifaux 2E completely updates the rules of the game, adding strategic depth, clarity, and choices. New stories, new factions, and new characters continue to pull you through the Breach and leave you battling for opportunity and survival in the dangerous world of Malifaux.
Look to our Facebook fan group for more interested players!
Join your fellow Warmachine / Hordes players as The Battle Standard host’s our weekly game day dedicated to Privateer Press’ creatively strategic, steampunk-fantasy, tabletop miniature game. new to Warmachine? Read more about the epic struggles of these urban civilizations of the Iron Kingdoms as warcasters and their mechanical monstrosities defend their city limits, HERE. If you prefer the bearing of claws, gnashing of teeth, and calling upon nature’s wrath to defeat the imposing threats of those encroaching on the wilds of your homeland then try taking a look at Hordes HERE.
Two great games that play as one! Come see what Warmachine / Hordes is all about every Monday at The Battle Standard!
Play in our official West March-Style, community-driven D&D campaign!
How does it work…?
- Players will create 5e D&D characters
- Characters will begin each session in the town of Haven at The Battle Standard Pub & Inn.
- Haven exists in an unexplored world and all participants will be able to adventure in the mysterious surroundings and map their findings to flesh out the world for others.
- The Battle Standard Pub & Inn is a renowned location for new adventurers to gather. Here you may interact in character with The Battle Standard’s official mascot “Wallace” and NPC versions of the store staff!
- Reserve a time slot with the Dungeon Master and journey out in any direction your party chooses, discovering the world and helping to build an economy of valuable items in the town of Haven.