The Commander format is all about picking your hero and building a deck around them. In this casual, multiplayer format, you choose a legendary creature to serve as your commander and build the rest of your deck around their color identity.
- 1 commander card (legendary creature)
- 99 other cards
- Only one copy of any card, except basic lands
- All cards must be in the color identity of the commander
- 2–6 players
- Free-for-all multiplayer format
- Start with 40 life
- All commanders start in their command zone
- Take turns in clockwise order
- Last player standing wins
Not interested in building your own Commander Deck but still interested in participating? Try the ever competitive pre-made Commander Decks by Wizards of the Coast!
Commander 2018 shown
Join the conversation in the local community about Magic: The Gathering and other great games by joining our Facebook fan group today!